Pecharunt is a new mythical Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet’s DLC Epilogue.
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet’s DLC Epilogue is available for players now, as long as you’ve completed the main story of both expansions and participated in the Academy Ace Tournament in Paldea. The epilogue story doesn’t take that long to complete, but as a reward for going through the 2-ish-hour adventure, you will be rewarded with a new Mythical Pokemon named Pecharunt. It is a Ghost/Poison-type Pokemon and will take control of people in the region using its toxic mochi. You’ll need to battle against multiple trainers that are controlled by the tasty treat before you complete the story arc and catch Pecharunt.
Raikou Location in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet (Indigo Disk DLC)
Raikou is one of many Legendary Pokemon that can be caught in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet’s Indigo Disk DLC, so here’s how you can find it.
How to Get Pecharunt in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
Essentially, you’ll need to follow the objectives of the Epilogue before encountering Pecharunt. Follow these steps to start the DLC Epilogue and complete it:
- Use the Mystery Gift feature in the Poke Portal to receive the Mythical Pecha Berry.
- Fast-travel to the Community Center in Mossui Town, in the Kitakami region.
- Interact with the pink object at Peachy’s stall, and a cutscene will trigger, starting the Epilogue.
- Travel to your home in Paldea (Cabo Poco)
- Go meet up with the group at Mesagoza’s southern gate.
- After going to Kitakami, meet up with Kieran.
- Return to the nearby Pokemon Center.
- Find the remote control in the bottom right corner of the room, hidden in a planter.
- Battle Shige and Aya. They have an Ariados, Victreebel, Salazzle.
- Follow Nemona to Kitakami Hall.
- Battle against Grandma and Grandpa. They have an Arbok, Chandelure, Weezing, and Mamoswine.
- Head back to Peachy’s cart.
- Battle against Arven and Penny. They will use these Pokemon: Sylveon, Greedent, Cloyster, Mabosstiff, and Leafeon.
- Chase down Pecharunt by heading to Loyalty Plaza.
- Battle Nemona. She has a Lycanroc, Kommo-o, Pawmot, Milotic, and Goodra. Her sixth slot will be one of the three starter Pokemon’s final evolutions, dependant on which one you chose at the start of your adventure.
- Battle against Pecharunt.
Once you bring Pecharunt’s health bar to zero, the Catch option will appear. Choose any type of Poke Ball and throw it at Pecharunt to catch it. Because this capture is guaranteed, it doesn’t matter which type of ball you go with.
Pecharunt’s Pokedex description reads: “Its peach-shaped shell serves as storage for a potent poison. It makes poisonous mochi and serves them to people and Pokemon.”
Can Pecharunt be Shiny?
Unfortunately, Pecharunt is shiny locked in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. This means that even if you restart the game multiple times before encountering Pecharunt, it will never be shiny. In the future, whether through Pokemon GO or a future Pokemon game, there could be a chance for Shiny Pecharunt to debut. But for now, you’ll have to make do with its normal purple/black color scheme.