A new Nokia smartphone will launch in India on September 6. The HMD Global-owned smartphone brand has posted a video teaser of the upcoming smartphone on its social media platforms. The video teaser gives us a glimpse of the silhouette of the smartphone and emphasises speed and 5G support. The teaser also reveals the phone’s launch date and the device’s curved edges. Here’s all we know so far about the upcoming Nokia smartphone.
Nokia India Announces a New Smartphone Launch on September 6
Are you ready to experience speed with Nokia 5G smartphone? Stay tuned for the announcement on September 6, 2023
According to the above video teaser posted by the brand on X, a new 5G smartphone is set to debut in India on September 6. We can see the silhouette of the upcoming phone in the video. The device seems to be sporting curved edges for an ergonomic grip. Apart from the launch date and the support for 5G, the company has not revealed any other device details.
However, considering the Nokia G42 5G was the last launched 5G smartphone from the brand and has similar curved edges, we can safely assume that the Nokia G42 5G is coming to India. The Nokia G42 is a 5G smartphone with mid-range specifications.
Nokia G42 5G Specifications, Features
If Nokia is launching the G42 5G in India, we expect it to retain the same specifications as its European counterpart. If that’s the case, the smartphone has a 6.56-inch IPS LCD display with HD+ screen resolution and 90Hz screen refresh rate. The display is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 layer. Powering the handset is the Snpadrgaon 480+ chipset with an Adreno GPU.
Depending on the variant, the processor is accompanied by 4GB or 6GB of RAM. Both RAM variants feature 128GB storage, which can be further expanded using a microSD card. The Nokia G42 5G boots near-stock Android 13 out of the box. A 5,000mAh battery with 20W fast charging support powers the device.
As for the cameras, the Nokia G42 5G is equipped with a 50MP main camera on the rear panel. The primary lens is accompanied by 2MP macro and depth sensors. The smartphone has an 8MP lens for selfies and video calling on the front.
- Display: 6.56-inch IPS LCD display, HD+ 1600 x 720 pixels, 90Hz refresh rate, nits brightness, 20:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 480+ with Adreno 619 GPU.
- RAM And Storage: 4GB/6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD up to 1TB.
- Software: Android 13.
- Rear-facing camera: 50MP primary camera, 2MP macro lens, 2MP depth sensor.
- Front-facing camera: 8MP front camera.
- Other Features: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IP52 rating.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM card slot, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v5.1, GPS/AGPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo, dual 4G VoLTE, 5G (n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n28, n40, n41 (full), n66, n77, n78), USB Type-C port, a 3.5mm audio jack.
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 20W fast charging support.