Realme will soon start seeding out the Android 14 (beta) based Realme UI 5.0 software update for the Realme GT 2 Pro 5G and the Realme GT Neo 5 smartphones in China. The company also has announced that in September, the Realme GT 2 Master Explorer Edition will receive the Android 14-based Realme UI 5.0 update. Additionally, the brand promises to seed out the Realme UI 5.0 update for the Realme GT 5 in October. Let us check out ahead as to what new changes the Android 14-based Realme UI 5.0 brings in:
Realme Starts Recruiting Testers To Test Android 14-Based Realme UI 5.0 Beta Update on Realme GT 2 Pro 5G, Realme GT Neo 5
As per the details shared by Realme, only 1,000 users can register to test the Android 14-based (beta) Realme UI 5.0 update on their Realme GT 2 Pro 5G and the Realme GT Neo 5 smartphones. It’s worth noting that this release is only specific to the Chinese market. In order to update your Realme GT 2 Pro to Realme UI 5.0, make sure that your unit is running the basic version RMX3300_220.127.116.11(CN01).
On the other hand, the Realme GT Neo 5 150W and 240W variants should be running version RMX3706_18.104.22.168(CN01) and RMX3708_22.214.171.124(CN01) respectively. As mentioned by Realme on its forum, the registration for the Realme UI 5.0 is starting today. The company will accept invitations until the quota is full. Considering that this is the beta update, we suggest users to take a backup of all important data before updating their devices to the latest software version.
The Realme UI 5.0 optimizes photo and video permission management, in order to make applications more secure. Furthermore, the update also adds aquatic theme system ringtones and optimizes system UI prompt sound effects. The update also optimizes mobile phone relocation as well as adds a WeChat/QQ voice call recording function. Here’s a changelog of the Realme UI 5.0 beta update:
Realme UI 5.0 Update Changelog
• Added realme UI ubiquitous service smart car space, the new Car+ can directly cast the screen to the car system for use, providing smart cross-end services in driving scenarios
Smart and efficient
• Optimize the cross-end synchronization experience of portable workbench to improve office efficiency
• Optimize text recognition and add support for recognition of handwritten text in some languages.
• Optimize mobile phone relocation, quickly verify new phones, and quickly migrate device data
Security and privacy
• Optimize photo and video permission management, making application access more secure
• Improve system stability, improve application startup speed, and optimize animation smoothness
• Upgraded aquatic color system, adopting a natural, soft and clearer interface style, bringing a more comfortable color experience
• Added aquatic theme system ringtones, optimized system UI prompt sound effects, and improved sound quality
• Optimize system dynamics to bring delicate and silky dynamic design
• Added WeChat/QQ voice call recording function
• Add more applications to support the clone function and expand the scope of clone support
• Added one-touch contact dialing function in simple mode
• Added system media player resident control center
Considering that the company has started recruiting users to test the Android 14-based Realme UI 5.0 beta update in China for its smartphones, we can expect the registration for the same to start soon in the global markets including India in the coming few days.