Earlier this year, Tecno made its debut in the foldable smartphone segment. The Tecno Phantom V Fold is the company’s first foldable offering and features Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5-like form factor. The company is now gearing up to launch its first clamshell foldable – the Tecno Phantom V Flip 5G. As per the announcement, the upcoming Phantom series smartphone will launch on September 22 in Singapore.
The Tecno Phantom V Flip will also launch in the Indian market as the launch microsite for the product has gone live on Amazon which showcases the sides of the device in a shade of purple. The microsite doesn’t reveal the Tecno Phantom V Flip India launch date, however.
Earlier this month, the upcoming Phantom V Flip’s design renders surfaced online which revealed that the device will feature a circular cover display. Just yesterday, the detailed specifications of the upcoming Phantom series clamshell phone were leaked on the web.
As per leaks, the Tecno Phantom V Flip will feature a 1.32-inch cover AMOLED display with a 466 × 466 pixels resolution and 120Hz refresh rate. Talking about the main (folding) display, the upcoming clamshell foldable from Tecno is said to come equipped with a 6.9-inch AMOLED display with a 144Hz refresh rate and Full HD+ (2640 × 1080 pixel) resolution.
The Tecno Phantom V Flip was earlier spotted on the Google Play Console listing which revealed the presence of the MediaTek Dimensity 1300 SoC under the hood. The listing indicates that the handset will feature 8GB of RAM. It is said to come a 256GB internal storage option. According to the leaks, the company won’t offer a microSD card slot on the Phantom V Flip.
The Tecno Phantom V Flip is said to ship with a dual-cell battery with capacities of 2790mAh and 1210mAh. This means that we can expect to see a 4000mAh battery on Tecno’s first clamshell foldable. The device is also tipped to feature support for 66W fast charging.
The Tecno Phantom V Flip might offer a 64MP primary rear camera and a 13MP ultra wide-angle lens. For selfies, it will offer a 32MP front camera which will be housed on an inner folding display. The device is said to measure around 15.1mm in terms of thickness when folded.
Tipster Paras Guglani previously claimed that the Tecno Phantom V Flip will launch in Q4, 2023 in the Indian market. As per the tipster, the Phantom V Flip could be the first foldable with an under Rs 50,000 price tag in the Indian market.
Tecno Phantom V Flip 5G: Leaked Specifications and Features
- Display: 6.9-inch AMOLED display, Full HD+ (2640 × 1080 pixel), 144Hz refresh rate, and punch hole notch
- Cover Display: 1.32-inch circular AMOLED display, 120Hz refresh rate, and 466 × 466 pixel resolution
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 1300 SoC and Mali G77 GPU
- Memory and Storage: 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage
- Software: HiOS, based on Android 13
- Cameras: 64MP primary camera and 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens
- Front Camera: 32MP selfie camera
- Battery and Charging: 4000mAh, 66W fast charging, USB Type-C port
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 172.35 × 74 × 7.05 mm (unfolded)
- Connectivity: 5G (14 bands) and Bluetooth 5.3