Riot Games introduced the ability to purchase Valorant Points (VP) in-game through the United Payments Interface (UPI) in 2021. Previously, Indian players had to rely on Paytm to buy VP, but the introduction of UPI IDs made it easy for them just to scan the QR code and pay. However, an issue in the payment system in March 2023 prohibited Indian and South Asian players from purchasing in-game money or content via UPI.
Indian games had the chance to pay via credit cards or PayPal which only operate in euros and BHIM UPI is the only payment method that allowed Indian gamers to buy in rupees. Riot Games recently announced that they are bringing back UPI payments to the Valorant store.
Also Read: Gamescom 2023 Opening Night Live: Starfield Trailer, COD MW 3 Gameplay, Tekken 8 Launch Date and Everything Announced
Riot Games Brings Back UPI Payments to Valorant Store
We are pleased to announce UPI as a payment option. UPI is a fast, secure, and convenient way to make payments in India, and we’re excited to offer this option to our players. We’re confident that UPI will make the payment process easier for your purchase of VALORANT points (VP). pic.twitter.com/xVTDJZvGSx
— VALORANT // India & South Asia (@playVALORANTsa) August 25, 2023
The announcement was made via Valorants’ official social media handles. The announcement reads, “We are pleased to announce UPI as a payment option. UPI is a fast, secure, and convenient way to make payments in India, and we’re excited to offer this option to our players. We’re confident that UPI will make the payment process easier for your purchase of VALORANT points (VP).”
BHIM UPI is a quick and secure payment method available only in India. This new feature will make it easier for gamers to buy in-game content and money. Below we will discuss how to use the UPI payment method to fund their in-game wallet.
- Open Valorant and click on Valorant Points (VP) option which is visible in the top-right corner.
- Choose the appropriate package from the available options.
- Then, you will be redirected to the ‘Select Payment Method’ page.
- You will get to see Cards, Paypal, UPI & prepaid Cards, and Codes. Now, select UPI and the number of VPs you wish to unlock.
- Following your selection, you will be sent to another page where you must complete the following fields: First and Last name, PAN Number, City, Street and Billing Address.
- When you fill out the application and click Pay Now, you will be sent to a payment site where you can input your UPI ID or create a QR code to complete the transaction.
With the BHIM UPI mode, the game provides the following VP packages:
- 485 VP – Rs 450.
- 1025 VP (975 VP + 50 bonus) – Rs 900.
- 1850 VP (1725 VP + 125 bonus) – Rs 1600.
- 3200 VP (2900 VP + 300 bonus) – Rs 2700.
- 4850 VP (4300 VP + 550 bonus) – Rs 4000.
- 10000 VP (8525 VP + 1475 bonus) – Rs 7900.
When the client’s UPI issue continued, Riot Games provided an alternative method of making purchases. The company tweeted on March 14, “While we wait on the fix for payment systems, here is an alternative method of getting your VALORANT (VP) and Radianite (RP) points.“
This payment mechanism is provided by UniPin, a website where users may add VP and RP to their accounts. All you have to do is input your email address, and the amount you wish to add to your Valorant wallet followed by selecting a payment method among Wallets, UPI, Net Banking, Debit/Credit Card.
Also Read: Indus Battle Royale Closed Beta Release Window Announced With Creator-Voiced Trailer
MSP Gaming is the gaming arm of MySmartPrice. We are a one-stop destination for everything gaming. Join our community for regular tournaments and stay updated about the gaming ecosystem